Various move tutors are available throughout the regions. Additionally, there are Egg Move tutors that can teach your Pokémon moves that it would only be able to obtain through breeding. These exist, because breeding does not (and will not) exist, but the moves should still be attainable.
Heart Scale is used as currency to learn moves from Tutors.
Warning: You must delete HM moves from a Move Deleter before attempting to use a Move Reminder, otherwise you will lose your Heart Scale and will be told you cannot forget the move.
- Viridian (Needs HM Cut) - Dream Eater
- Pewter - Seismic Toss
- Route 4 - Mega Punch/Mega Kick
- Rock Tunnel - Rock Slide
- Celadon (Needs HM Surf) - Softboiled
- Celadon Dept. Store (3rd Floor) - Counter
- Saffron City - Move Reminder (Relearner) (Mr. Mind - Location, NPC)
- Silph Co. (Floor 2F, NPC Juliet) - Thunder Wave
- Fuchsia - Substitute (and Move Deleter)
- Cinnabar Island - Egg Move Tutor
- Cinnabar Lab - Metronome
- Victory Road - Double-Edge
- Ilex Forest - Headbutt
- Cianwood - Egg Move Tutor
- Blackthorn - Draco Meteor/Move Reminder (Relearner)/Deleter/Powerful Starter-Based Moves (Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon and Blast Burn)